What Ordering Beta Internet Service Means
We are releasing our services in your neighborhood before we normally would because we know that you are desperate to have fast broadband service. This being said, we haven’t completed all of the “beta testing” that we normally would, so you may experience problems that we usually would’ve solved before releasing our service. We will be working to fix the problems as they arise, but we may be in this phase for several weeks.
“Beta test” means we are not yet able to provide fully productionized and validated performance. While the network is in beta, your internet:
a) May periodically be somewhat slower than your package indicates it should be.
b) May shut off occasionally while we work on things. We will always try to conduct planned outages late at night and we will let you know in advance about any longer scheduled outages.
If you want to wait until we have all of the kinks worked out, please wait to fill out your order until we let you know that the Beta testing phase is over. When our system is “production ready,” we will send an email to everyone on our email list who didn’t already sign up.
If you are ready to order now, please keep the following in mind:
- We will install customers in following order:
- First: those who purchased early installation slots through our Indiegogo campaign, and
- Second: the order in which orders are submitted.
- Depending on how many signups we receive, it may be as long as 2 weeks until we contact you for installation.
- Depending on how many signups we receive, it may take well over a month to install your equipment. We apologize but we only have so many installers and tree climbers and all of Olympic Valley wants to be installed tomorrow, which of course we cannot do.
- We will do our best to respond to questions but please check the FAQ page before calling or emailing any queries. We cannot promise that we will be able to respond to questions that are already addressed in the FAQ given the volume of customer interest we are expecting. We will be able to respond to email inquiries faster than phone inquiries.